Services for the Blind
All who are blind, legally blind (20/200 with corrective lenses), or have physical
impairments which prevent them from holding a book to read are eligible for the following free services:
- Subscription Magazines (Periodicals) -- Magazines are available in braille, in large print, and on cassette.
- Booklets -- Large-print publications to inform and inspire.
- Lending Library -- Over 2,034 book titles are available in braille and on cassette tape through the CRSB library. Books can be checked out on a 30-day loan period. An annual reading services catalog update is available upon request.
- Gift Bibles and Bible Courses -- Bibles and several Bible courses are available in braille, in large print, and on audio cassette.
- Digital version of the Seventh-day Adventist Hymnal -- Software allows Seventh-day Adventist Church members to participate in congregational singing along with their sighted friends.
- Full-VisionTM Books -- A combination of braille and print enables blind parents to read to their sighted children and sighted parents to help blind children learn to read braille.
- Personal Visitation -- Christian Record representatives personally visit more than 10,000 blind persons each year in the United States and Canada. These representatives help with social service needs and refer the blind to other agencies which can provide assistance.
- Scholarship Assistance -- Partial scholarships are offered to legally blind young people striving to obtain a college education. Scholarships are given on a limited basis to those who qualify (United States only).
Apply for Free Services
Aplicar por Servicios en Español.
Contact us for further information.